All About Wedding Cake Trends
From classic three-tier cakes and simple embellishments to unique flavor infusions and bold designs, the wedding cake is one of the most exciting elements to customize during the wedding planning process. Before meeting with your wedding planner and bakery team, it’s always a good idea to pin down a few flavors and styles for a seamless cake tasting process.
If you aren’t quite sure what direction to go in, don’t worry — we’ve put together some wedding cake ideas to keep you and your sweet tooth inspired!
How to choose the perfect wedding cake
- Wedding cake flavors: From red velvet and carrot to bittersweet chocolate and classic vanilla, the options are endless when deciding on a wedding cake flavor. The most important part of choosing the flavor is taste testing options and going with what you love as a couple. After all, when you’re having a slice of your own wedding cake, you want to enjoy every bite too! You also may want to consider having a smaller, alternative cake or another dessert option for those with dietary restrictions or allergies.
- Themed wedding cakes: At Sandals® Resorts and Beaches® Resorts, aligning the wedding cake with your overall wedding theme has never been easier! All wedding inspirations have been designed by Sandals and Beaches and include every wedding essential imaginable. From centerpieces to the cake itself, each element is part of an overarching cohesive theme and completely customizable to fit your vision. So, if beach-chic is your thing, go for the Coastal Living inspiration. For bolder embellishments, consider the Modern Love inspiration your go-to.
- Incorporate florals: Adding florals that match the overall look and feel of your wedding can amplify your wedding cake design. There are various ways to do this, including:
- Sprinkling rose petals over the top of cake and the base
- Choosing a single type of floral and attaching it to different sections/tiers of the cake
- Using an arrangement of cascading florals to create a bold, standout look
Presentation is key
When it comes to showcasing your cake at the reception, there are a few different approaches. While many brides and grooms opt for the traditional table display, Sandals and Beaches Resorts offer unique inspiration elements and exotic settings. For example, you can swap a standard table for a rum barrel or arrange for your wedding cake to be set up in front of turquoise Caribbean waters.
Incorporating a themed bar is also a great way to enhance your dessert selection! For example, adding a bubbly bar, espresso martini station, or nightcap selection gives your guests something exciting to pair your cake with.
To meet with the Sandals or Beaches pastry chef on resort, contact your dedicated wedding planner and they will be happy to coordinate a virtual or in-person session!