Our Top 3 Wedding Decor Trends for 2021
One of the most exciting parts about planning a destination wedding is choosing the decor! But with intricate tablescapes, seating charts, menus, and more to decide on, there’s a lot to cover.
At Sandals® Resorts and Beaches® Resorts, all destination wedding couples have unlimited options for creating a wedding look they love. For inspiration, tips, and insight on the hottest wedding decor trends you won’t want to miss, keep reading!
There’s no denying that wedding florals serve as a focal point of any wedding ceremony or reception. Here are some of our favorite wedding decor trends for florals this year:
- Be Bold: It’s your big day, so don’t be afraid to let the world know! And what better place to stand out with bright florals than the Caribbean? A few of our favorite punchy florals include Bird of Paradise, Bougainvilleas, and calla lilies.
- Keep It Neutral: Soft, muted tones are great for spotlighting other signature elements on your big day. Touches of light pinks, greens, and browns also work great with outdoor setups in nature.
- Work in Texture: Adding texture to any bouquet or table arrangement gives your setup more dimension. Bringing in palm leaves with asymmetrical edges is one of the simplest ways to do this — and it’s a perfect fit for the tropical scenery!
- Stick to the Seasons: Depending on the time of the year your wedding falls, we recommend sticking with timely blooms. For example, summertime may call for bright colored marigolds and daisies, while the winter months are best suited for white roses or lilies. The beauty of a Sandals Caribbean destination wedding is that it’s always summer weather, so you can’t go wrong!
When it comes to the design focal point of your ceremony, think big! All eyes will be on you throughout the ceremony, so it may be worth adding some flair to the scene. Structures can be styled in various ways, so you can stick to a classic signature statement, work in subtle touches of florals, or incorporate decor enhancements like Band of Gold. Using nature to create the structure is another possibility as palm leaves can easily be positioned overhead.
Custom wedding bars
Give your guests something to remember with a custom wedding bar. One of the most fun wedding decor trends to plan — and eventually enjoy — a wedding bar lets you show off your couple style in a unique way!
Raise a glass and sip happy with these wedding bar trends:
- Around the World: Are you and your other half world travelers? Make your bar a talking point that highlights your past adventures! Whether it’s a limoncello-infused cocktail reminiscent of Italy or a classic Mexican margarita, this is a great way to relive your favorite moments.
- Specialty Couples Cocktail: If you like getting creative, then this one’s for you! A couples cocktail allows you to pair your favorite liquors with a crafty name. If you’re not sure where to start, Sandals also offers a list of Bride & Groom Signature Cocktails and Mocktails. The list includes witty names like Mai Tai the Knot, Appley Ever After, Mint to Be, and more!
- Bubbly Bar: Perfect for toasts and keeping spirits high, a bubbly bar is a classic addition to any reception or cocktail hour. Plus, you can enhance the bar’s look with palm leaves and white florals that will contrast well against the clear champagne and dark bottles.
Sandals Customizable Weddings and wedding decor trends
The biggest perk about Sandals Customizable Weddings is the ability to mix and match hundreds of decor items. Color schemes can range from ocean blue to elegant gold and will pair perfectly with an array of florals.
Every Sandals wedding inspiration is also complete with its own ceremony structure that can be placed in a variety of settings. Whether you want to exchange “I do’s” on the sand or surrounded by lush foliage, the Sandals Weddings Team will help make it happen!
When you plan a destination wedding at any Sandals or Beaches resort, you can also count on your own personal weddings teams to help you throughout the planning process. Whether you need cocktail suggestions or ideas on properly pairing florals, they have the years of expertise needed to help.
With endless decor elements to choose from and a team of experts by your side, it’s never been easier to create a look that is all your own!
Ready to find the wedding decor trends that best fit your couple style and wedding vision? Start planning your dream Sandals or Beaches destination wedding today!
*Featured Image Photo Credit: Finding Light Photography