Raise a Glass to Your Other Half with a Custom Wedding Bar
After saying “I do”, it’s time to celebrate! At Sandals Resorts, our weddings team is committed to making every moment of your day, from ceremony to reception, unforgettable. With the help of a personal wedding planner, couples can choose lavish decor, build custom menus, and even concept their own wedding bar!
When it comes to a wedding bar, there are many directions you can take. Have an idea you can’t wait to bring to life or still unsure where to begin? Keep reading for tips on creating a one-of-a-kind wedding bar at Sandals Resorts!
Make a statement with unique themes and decor
When designing the layout, look, and feel of your wedding bar concept, details are everything. To take your bar to the next level, consider hand drawn signage, string lights, or color-coordinated florals that match the cocktails. You can even follow a theme for your setup! Think: boho chic, drink around the world, or Caribbean flare. These may seem like minor details on their own, but together they can make a bold statement.
If subtle and simple are more your style, that’s okay too! A wooden table with a few palm leaves to frame the drinks will add just the right amount of pop without being over the top. Plus, the combination of natural, earthy tones will effortlessly blend in with the natural scenery.
A custom wedding bar is the ultimate layer of added wedding decor and one your guests will surely notice, so be sure to make it your own!
Be refreshing and original
Expressing your couple style is one of the most exciting parts of the wedding journey. From custom playlists to hand-picked menus, there are an infinite number of ways to add individuality to your big day!
A fan-favorite at many Sandals weddings are couples cocktails that have been crafted and named by the bride and groom. It could be a pun using the groom’s last name, an ode to where the duo first met, or a witty spin on a classic drink.
As for couples who aren’t sure where to begin, Sandals can help. All resorts offer a list of signature cocktails and mocktails with themed names surrounding romance. Some signature options include Mint to Be, Mai Tai The Knot, and Appely Ever After!
Whichever approach you take, a couple’s cocktail is one element your guests are sure to remember!
Stick to a Sandals classic wedding bar
If you’re one for tradition, a single type of cocktail with any of the following Sandals classic wedding bars might be a great fit:
- Premium Martini Bar: Shaken not stirred. Extra dirty. Espresso for a jolt. Vodka vs. gin. Whichever martini style you and your guests prefer, our expert mixologists can craft it just right.
- Beer Canoe: If crisp, beachside beers float your boat, then consider this your first mate. Complete with an assortment of international and domestic beers and ciders, the celebrations will transition from “I do’s” to chilled brews in no time!
- Rum Bar: Tying the knot in the Caribbean wouldn’t be complete without a bit of rum! This bar features a broad selection of authentic Appleton Estate® rums that are perfect for daiquiris, mojitos, rum runners, and Long Island iced teas.
- Whiskey Bar: Indulge in the top-shelf standard your big day deserves. With an assortment of whiskey varieties, including Jack Daniel’s Black, Jim Beam, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Johnny Walker, Glenlivet (Overseas), and more, you and your guests will be in good spirits the whole night through.
- Mimosa Bar: Mimosas are the perfect way to kick-off the big day! Included with this bar is fizzy house sparkling wine, fresh fruit, and colorful juices. To take it one step further, the Sandals team can also prep for a variety of specialty mimosas! To mix it up, simply request an assortment of flavored juices and fruits like raspberry, blackberry, mint, cranberry, orange, coconut, and more!
Concept your own wedding bar
If you would rather stick to a specific type of liquor, opt for a wedding bar that does just that! For inspiration and pre-designed concepts, the Sandals Wedding team offers an array of wedding bar options, so that brides and grooms can sip back and relax, while they take care of the rest.
- Sangria Bar: When it comes to sangria it can be tough to choose between red and white wine. We recommend sticking with white as a fruity, crisp refresher during an early cocktail hour. After the sun goes down, let the smooth, earthy flavors of a red sangria take over the wedding scene. Plus, Sandals offers an array of Robert Mondavi Twin Oaks® wines to help you bring this idea to life!
- Bubbly Bar: Pass a glass and pop the champagne! This bar is sure to keep the party lively and fizzing with good energy. For a special touch, you can have your Sandals Wedding Entourage display the glasses in an elegant arrangement of your choosing. Blooming florals can also add a breath of fresh air to the overall look.
- Dessert Bar: Always end date night by splitting dessert? If so, consider adding that part of your love story to your reception! To ensure you have a perfectly sweet spread, our talented pastry chefs will be happy to sit with you and come up with a game plan that everyone will love.
- Cigar Bar: Fresh, hand-rolled cigars add a level of distinction to any wedding affair. They also pair well with top-quality night caps for a smooth finish to an unforgettable evening.
From custom creations to a variety of enticing Sandals concepts, it’s easy to incorporate a wedding bar that will stand out! Plus, with the help of the Sandals Weddings Team, bringing your ideas to life has never been easier.
Now, with all the wedding bar essentials covered, there’s only one thing left to do — pour it up and toast to your happily ever after! Discover your perfect setup today.