Fabulous Wedding Florals: How to Choose Them
The one element of any wedding that establishes the overall aesthetic are wedding florals. Think about it: they’re in every photo, on every reception table, and carried by every member of the wedding party. Whether it’s one-of-a-kind arrangements or specific color palettes that match your overall theme, wedding florals are what brings life and a sense of style to any wedding.
But what goes into selecting the proper florals for your nuptials? Keep reading as we break down everything from the best blooms for each season to pairing your wedding florals with Sandals Resorts wedding venues.
Consider your wedding venue and the time of year
The location of your wedding ceremony and reception have a big impact on decor and wedding florals. To give you some ideas, here are a few suggestions for wedding florals that pair perfectly with Sandals wedding venues:
- Garden Gazebo: Keep it simple and let the surrounding foliage speak for itself! Play up palm leaves and bright colors to complement the ones all around you.
- Intimate Resort Wedding Chapel: A traditional chapel ceremony calls for classic florals like roses, hydrangeas and lilies.
- Sky Terrace: Saying “I do” at sunset? Opt for soft pinks, oranges, and reds that will mirror the stunning backdrop.
- Over-the-Water Serenity Wedding Chapel: With 360-degree views of the Caribbean Sea, white and neutral florals are subtle additions that won’t take away from the stunning turquoise waters.
The seasonality of your wedding should also be taken into consideration when choosing your wedding florals. For summer weddings, stick to warm, inviting tones and florals that won’t wilt in the heat. Arrangements with proteas, hibiscus, and sunflowers are ideal for a summer aesthetic. On the other hand, winter weddings pair best with carnations, Gerbera daisies, and roses, which are known to thrive in the winter.
Keep up with the trends
Following the hottest trends for wedding florals can jog your sense of creativity and save you time planning. Some of our favorite trends of the 2021 wedding season include:
- Whites and neutrals: Sometimes less is more. Without overdoing the colors in your wedding florals, the breathtaking Caribbean setting can take front and center.
- Statement backdrops: Grand arrangements with bold colors mixed in throughout show exactly what it means to be all in details.
- Dried flowers and greenery: Give them something to be green with envy about! Extra greenery adds a natural feel to your overall look, while dried flowers will stay preserved and intact, and introduce pops of color.
- Sun palms: If there were a perfect Caribbean destination wedding floral, we’re convinced it’d be sun palms. These dried, fan-like leaves are available in a variety of colors, including terracotta orange, pale green, white, and mocha for palettes that match any setting!
Wedding florals that align with your couple style
Not the creative type or want a predesigned floral piece? Our Sandals Wedding Wishlists include an array of décor with beautiful florals for you to choose from! Simply create a storyboard for your upcoming nuptials with items that fit your couple style. Whether you go for bold and flashy, Island Chic, Coastal Living, or simple elegance, Sandals has complementary blooms will bring your dream wedding to life!
Already have envisioning your perfect wedding florals or need more inspiration? Check out our Sandals Resorts Weddings Pinterest for more décor, style and Caribbean destination wedding ideas!
*Featured Image Photo by: TiffanyLueYen Photography