How to Find the Perfect Destination Wedding Photographer
The difference between good wedding photography and great wedding photography is that the latter captures your big day in a style that aligns with your overall vision. It also depicts all the details, big and small, and can transport you right back to that magical moment anytime you look at them.
The secret to great wedding photography? An extraordinary destination wedding photographer, of course! Before your photographer clicks a single snapshot of your day, you need to build a level of trust and outline clear deliverables with exactly what you expect of them.
In this blog, we highlight our most trusted tips on wedding photography, including creative shot list concepts, how to find your perfect destination wedding photographer, and the different wedding photography packages Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts offer!
Finding your perfect destination wedding photographer
When it comes to finding the right wedding photographer, there are many factors to consider. For starters, you need to make sure you find a destination wedding photographer who is game for, well, destination weddings! Always ask if they’re willing to travel away from home and if they expect you to cover flights and accommodations. This is a reality for many destination wedding photographers, so you’ll need to confirm and add those costs to your budget.
Finding a great photographer for your big day, also means you need an individual or team that matches your energy. If you thrive off an upbeat atmosphere, then you’ll want a photographer who can keep up and keep everyone on pace. If go-with-the-flow is more your speed, a laidback photographer who can capture the entire shot list, while maintaining a state of calm is a great fit.
You’ll also want to take into consideration the number of guests attending, as this will determine how many photographers you need. After that, determine the exact price point you are willing to pay and the style — whether it’s warm hues or cool tones — you want for the photos. From there, you’ll really be able to narrow down your list of photographers and find your perfect match!
Sandals and Beaches wedding photography packages
Still wondering where to start when it comes to choosing your destination wedding photographer? To make the process less stressful, Sandals and Beaches are happy to provide one of their own expert photographers to capture your big day!
Sandals and Beaches photographers have a natural eye for the little details, which is further backed by state-of-the-art camera equipment and years of experience. With the beauty of the Caribbean as their backdrop and a familiarity with our resorts that other photographers don’t have, our team is the perfect choice for your destination wedding.
From getting ready and the first look to the ceremony and dance floor festivities, our professional photography staff are equipped to capture any scene you can think of.
As part of the Sandals and Beaches wedding photography packages, you’ll receive:
- A dedicated, personal photographer to capture every part of your special day
- A high-resolution slideshow set to music with up to 40 purchased images
- Purchased unedited proofs
- Post-production of purchased images
- Electronic receipt of final images
To relive your big day in a different way, Sandals and Beaches also offer exceptional Wedding Videography Packages! Available in two styles — Traditional (in chronological order) or Contemporary (movie trailer format) — and with add-ons scenes available, a Sandals and Beaches wedding video is a timeless highlight reel of your happiest moment yet!
For added inspiration, view photos and videos from real weddings at Sandals with shots that our team captured on resort!
Destination shot list ideas for every bride and groom
Wedding photos are meant to last a lifetime. So, why not get creative and have a little fun with it! To give you some inspiration, here’s a shot list of our favorite destination wedding photo ideas:
- Candids —Who doesn’t love a caught-off-guard moment? While you might have to sort through a handful before you find a gem, there’s nothing more genuine and authentic than a true candid.
- Detail Shots — This one shouldn’t come as a surprise. Weddings are all about the little things after all! For this concept, we suggest closeups of the flowers, flat lays of the stationery, staged setups of the dress and shoes, and maybe a simple photo that zooms in on you and your other half holding hands (rings in view, of course!).
- Venue & Scenery — After spending so much time and effort into choosing your wedding location, you have to capture it! Be sure to have your wedding photographer capture some standalone images of the space as well as photos with the bridal party and guests included. This will give you two different perspectives with all the feels!
- Signature Statements — Planning a cigar bar, couples cocktail selection, or lantern release? Special moments like these are unique to your wedding and therefore, should be captured.
Plus, all destination weddings at Sandals or Beaches resorts are complete with Luxury Included® perks including 5-Star Global Gourmet™ dining, unlimited pours of premium liquors and wines, a variety of land sports and water sports, and top-notch service.
From vacation mode to photo-ready, Sandals and Beaches have your destination wedding needs covered. Find your ideal destination wedding photography package today!