The Perfect Caribbean Destination Wedding Ceremony Dresses
If you’re planning a destination wedding, you can take advantage of many beautiful outdoor ceremony locations. With quiet gardens, spectacular over-the-water chapels, and pristine beaches to choose from, finding the perfect seaside ceremony wedding dresses for a tropical locale is an important part of your big day!
Whether you envision your dress with off-the-shoulder asymmetry, a boat neck, or a lengthy train, our number one rule is to find the dress that you adore. Trust us, one step down the aisle in your dream dress and there won’t be a dry eye in sight!
Need ideas for seaside and garden destination wedding ceremony dresses? Keep reading for our top 5 styles and other tips on tropical destination weddings!
A perfect fit: Tropical, seaside ceremony wedding dresses
The ideal dress for an outdoor wedding in the Caribbean should always account for weather. Whether you are planning a seaside ceremony on the beach, in a garden setting, or in an Over-the-Water Serenity Wedding Chapel like those at Sandals® Resorts we recommend a fabric that is light and breathable. This will allow for maximum comfort on bright days, under the sun.
You should also keep in mind that a seaside ceremony is next to, well, the sea! While you might not plan to go near the water with your dress, don’t rule out the chance of misting if there’s a slight breeze. For this reason, you might want to choose a shorter dress length with a material that can handle the elements. But if you want to go all out with an extravagant train — go for it! Our number one tip for brides with lengthy trains is to have someone help you tie it up at the altar to stay clear of the water.
Top 5 destination wedding ceremony dresses
As for seaside and garden destination ceremony wedding dresses that pair well with the natural backdrops of the Caribbean, here are our top 5 style ideas:
- Lace: Remember when we mentioned breathability before? This is one look that knows how to keep you cool and sophisticated. Intricate designs allow pockets of air to pass through, making this dress great for catching the tropical breeze!
- Mermaid: If this style doesn’t scream oceanfront wedding, we don’t know what will! Drawing its name from the mythical sea creature, a mermaid dress has a body-hugging fit that typically stops just above the ankles. For some extra flair, some mermaid styles feature ruffled bottoms or elongated trains!
- A-line: This classic style never fails in the Caribbean. With a slight, plunging neckline, pinched waist, and flowy skirt, A-line dresses are great for catching the tropical breeze and adding dimension to your look.
- Jumpsuit: Not a fan of dresses? Meet your perfect match! Over the past few years, jumpsuits have grown in popularity, becoming more common among modern day brides. Not only are jumpsuits easy to manage, but they also bring a fresh look to any wedding ceremony.
- Bohemian: Free spirited, eccentric, and beach chic are a few ways to best describe a boho dress style. Apart from its unique look, a bohemian dress pairs great with various floral arrangements. Whether it’s bold pops of pink hibiscus or deep palm leaf greens, you’ll have the freedom to mix and match all your favorite tropical florals!
Finding your beach
Set on seven breathtaking Caribbean islands, Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts know a thing or two about destination wedding ceremonies. Sandals has been coined the resorts made for two people in love after all!
With 15 Luxury Included®, adult-only Sandals escapes and three family-friendly Beaches® Resorts, it is exciting how many venues and settings you’ll have to choose from. Ultimately, this decision comes down to the type of atmosphere you want — from laidback and simple to spacious and accommodating for the whole family. For inspiration, here are three resort highlights that are favorites among Sandals and Beaches couples!
Sandals Emerald Bay
If you’re searching for a resort that transports you and your guests off-the-grid for your “I do’s,” consider Sandals Emerald Bay. With a private beach stretching along calm, opal waters of the Exumas, there’s no setting quite like this.
An adults-only, couples oasis, Sandals Emerald Bay is great for those looking to lounge on the beach and those who are active alike. With ‘round-the-clock tennis, PADI®-Certified Scuba Diving, and an 18-hole championship golf course designed by Global Golf Ambassador Greg Norman, there’s always something to do! For the ultimate touch of luxury and a worry-free wedding weekend, treat yourselves by booking a butler suite!
Sandals Grande St. Lucian
To complement Saint Lucia’s breathtaking landscapes, Sandals Grande St. Lucian showcases innovation fused into nature. The Over-the-Water Serenity Wedding Chapel is the resort’s standout wedding venue that brings you closer to the sea. With a glass-panel aisle, 360-degree views of the surrounding sea, and lofted ceilings, this is a wedding ceremony location unlike any other.
Plus, with Sandals Halcyon Beach and Sandals Regency La Toc nearby, you can enjoy all the perks of Sandals Stay at 1, Play at 3 Exchange Program! This means 27 globally inspired restaurants, more pools and activities to choose from, and space to soak up the sun!
Beaches Turks & Caicos
Situated on Grace Bay, Beaches® Turks & Caicos offers an extraordinary Caribbean backdrop for your “I do’s!” With 12 miles of white sand beach and a dedicated Wedding Entourage at the ready, planning your seaside nuptials is easy as ever!
To accommodate wedding groups of all sizes, Beaches Turks & Caicos offers an abundance of all-inclusive perks! Imagine 21 gourmet restaurants serving up international dishes, unlimited pours of premium liquors, and endless ways to play by land or sea. Plus, with five villages inspired by Italy, France, the Caribbean, and Key West, Beaches Turks & Caicos has plenty of space for your wedding guests!
Did we mention Beaches Turks & Caicos also boasts its own nightclub called Club Liquid? That’s right! After tying the knot and celebrating at the reception, why not keep the fun going with an afterparty? At Club Liquid, you and your wedding party can enjoy a spacious dance floor with a DJ spinning your favorite hits. There’s also an all-inclusive bar inside the club to serve up your favorite cocktails. Talk about the perfect way to round out your big day!
With these destination ceremony wedding dresses as inspiration, finding your dream dress should be effortless! Finally, all that’s left is finalizing your destination wedding plans. Book yours at Sandals or Beaches and start planning today!
Featured photo credit: Cay Focus Photography