Autumn Signature Sangria
Although autumn barely changes the weather in Caribbean wedding destination, you can still bring fall elements to your autumn time reception drinks. Nothing brings the spice of autumn and the chill needed at the beach like a Honey Crisp Apple Sangria! This signature drink is perfect for fall weddings in a summer setting. Not an Autumn bride? No worries, adopt this lovely drink at your fall engagement party or as a “just because” treat for your new hubby! Cheers!
(Photo Credit: foodandwine.com)
What You’ll Need (Makes about 5-6 cups)
2 Honey crisp apples
One 750-milliliter bottle un-oaked Chardonnay
1/2 cup peach schnapps
1/4 cup orange blossom honey
2 oranges (1 quartered)
1 lemon (quartered)
1 lime (quartered)
2 cinnamon sticks
2 quarter-size slices of fresh ginger
3 whole cloves
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Peel, core and chop one of the apples.
2. In a bowl, combine the Chardonnay, schnapps and honey. Add the quartered orange, lemon, lime, cinnamon sticks, chopped apple, ginger and cloves and refrigerate overnight. If you don’t want to wait that long at least give it 4 hours. We advise you have it made two days before your wedding.)
3. When you are ready to serve, strain the sangria into a pitcher.
4. Peel, core and finely chop the remaining apple. Peel, section and chop the remaining orange. Mix the apple and orange in a bowl.
5. On a small plate, blend the sugar and cinnamon. Moisten the rims of wine glasses with water and dip in the cinnamon sugar to coat. Fill the glasses with ice. Pour in the sangria until three-quarters full. Top with a splash of club soda. Garnish with a spoonful of the chopped apple and orange.
*Recepie from Food and Wine, Best Sangria Recepies.