Ask Marsha-Ann: Summer Wedding Colors!
Q: “Which color palettes are your favorites to use for a summer wedding? I’m looking for an interesting mix of colors!” – Jeanette
A: “Hello Jeanette,
Congratulations are in order! What an exciting time for you; plans of coordinating wedding colors and the current wedding season are some of the important elements that make planning a wedding fun.
I must tell you, you hit on one of my favorite wedding topics; color, color and more color! As a bride, I know you dream in color and it helps greatly to frame the essence of the décor and design of your wedding.
When you think summer wedding colors, you think of a vibrant burst of colors that really complement each other. A Sandals destination wedding setting also has a great twist to the elements of color with the backdrop of your wedding ceremony and reception that can vary from the shades of blues of the Caribbean Sea, the verdant shades of green of the rolling hills, the blend of the captivating flora or the ultimate golden ball of sunset. I am sure you can envision the variety and spice of our locations. Excited yet?!
I will share a few options with you that you could consider. You can mix and match based on what suits you and your fiancé’s personalities. I would invite you two to play with some color options by enjoying the ability to design your wedding with our on-line, interactive, inspiration board, the Sandals wedding designer. These colors are easy to play around with.
Here are some ways you could put those lovely colors available to you to good use;
Mix and Match Palettes
- The vibrant combination of fuchsia and blushed coral/peach lends to a burst of summer and the tropics – an ideal destination wedding setting.
- Tangerine and Blushed hues of coral/ peach create a beautiful balance of vibrant hues with the lighter shade that softens the finish.
- Kiwi and Sand– Kiwi is a great summer color and fantastic for the tropics since it is a cast of green and the selection of natural tone (taupe) integrates elements of the sand in the mix.
- Turquoise (Sea Glass), along with shades of Sea Foam – gives the element of the perfect summer setting by the sea.
I have shared just a few options of color but always remember the color accents are picked up in awesome accessories. Think colored parasols, fans, hanging lanterns and ribbons ties for a splash of color on your ceremony and reception chairs, table etc. Trust me; we can get really excited about color!
Your bouquet – Think vibrant color… think tropical flowers. Picture if you will, your bridal bouquet that has the burst of various colors with yellow Mokora orchids, mango Calla lilies, and Asiatic lilies in orange. All combined can certainly be dubbed as Exotic Tropical. The ribbon of your bouquet can be picked up from one of the hues of your flower preferences.
Accessories – Your personal taste will help you to dictate where to incorporate a touch of color- in your hair, a flower accent or perhaps a fascinator. Your style should always suit who you are.
Table Linen- You can add your splash of color in your table linen selection (runner or overlay) with the napkins as contract shade.
Your wedding cake – your cake topper could be fresh flowers instead of a traditional statue. Also your color can be represented in the ribbons that band around the tiers.
I can’t wait for you to update us on your final color selection!
Remember, if you have a question about having a destination wedding or about your own upcoming wedding, here’s how to ask our wedding expert:
- Send your question to email@example.com.
- Follow us on twitter @Weddingmoons and Marsha-Ann Brown on Twitter at @Marshaannb.
- Tweet us your questions using #AskMarshaAnn and we’ll make sure she gets it.
- Check us here at sandalsweddingblog.com every Monday to see if your question was answered by Director of Romance, Marsha-Ann.
It’s as easy as that! Whether it’s a question about color palettes, venue suggestions or wedding tips and ideas, Ask Marsha-Ann has got you covered!