60 Ways to Make Your Marriage Rock!
We all know the old favorites; “Never go to bed angry.” and “Never leave the house without saying good-bye”. Well, now there are 60 of them! We found advice from all over the great wide web and came up with a few of our own gems on how to make your marriage rock!
- Hang pictures of the two of you around your house.
- Make his favorite meal or dessert, even if it’s a little unhealthy.
- Spend time away from him occasionally.
- Argue fair; avoid these words “you always” and “you never”.
- Learn to enjoy something he loves to do.
- Surprise him with a kiss.
- Share furniture sometimes. Sit in his lap
- Buy him gifts he will love, not ones you like for him.
- Wear something you know your husband loves once in awhile.
- Kiss him when you see him after a long day; like you’re excited to be around him.
- Watch something he likes to watch with him.
- Tell him how attractive you think he is; it matters to men too.
- Sleep in his t-shirts.
- Call him right now and tell him you appreciate him!
- Leave work on time and come home early.
- Learn about her, her likes, her loves, her hobbies and her dreams.
- Engage every day in meaningful conversation.
- Listen to her stories.
- Take at least one day a month to make your wife your total focus.
- Kiss her every day.
- Find tangible ways to serve your mate without complaining.
- Forgive quickly.
- Be honest.
- Cook dinner for your wife.
- Get on the same page: plan your budget together and don’t hide anything.
- Look your best as often as you can for her.
- Guard your marriage with your life.
- Laugh with her.
- Do her chores for her sometimes, especially when she needs the rest.
- When you’re with her be ‘with her’ (take a break from phones, technology, the game, etc.).
- Tell her she’s pretty, especially when she’s not feeling it.
- Bring her flowers or gifts sometimes (even when she says they are too expensive).
- Hide notes in secret places for each other.
- Go to bed at the same time as often as you can.
- Listen to music together; share ear-buds.
- Revitalize the romance with intimate dates and keep them like you would a business meeting. Set reminders if you have to.
- Go away together at least once a year if you can, even if it’s a stay-cation.
- Make each other breakfast in bed.
- Schedule a couple’s massage or host your own privately.
- Dance together; to soft music alone or rocking music with your kids.
- Exercise together- hikes, bike riding, join a gym, anything!
- Choose not to be annoyed by an irritating behavior or a disappointment from your spouse. It’s hard but worth it.
- Thank your spouse often even for the smallest reason or gesture.
- Lay in bed together and stare into each other’s eyes without talking. Reconnect.
- Learn something new together; take an art class, cooking lessons, etc.
- Leave a sweet comment on each other’s Facebook wall once in a while.
- Learn to nurture something together, whether it’s your kids, pets, or a garden. It brings you closer together.
- Support each other’s goals.
- Touch often.
- Fight for your marriage; make it a priority.
- Make a point to eat dinner together most days of the week; whether at home or at a fine resturant.
- Never make your spouse feel like they come second place to your career, your hobbies or any other thing.
- Talk about your dreams and aspirations. Be supportive of each other and dream big together!
- Maintain a united front. Your motto should be: “Love is All We Need“.
- Speak well of your spouse to others.
- Be careful of bringing others into your marriage problems.
- Renew your vows privately with whispers and memories.
- Renew them publicly with cake and bubbly.
- And last but certainly not least … Say “I Love You” every single day.
I like this!!!